TOWN OF MONTAGUE
1 Avenue A
Montague, MA 01376
Please see individual departmental pages for hours of availability.
Assistant Town Clerk
1 Avenue A
Turners Falls, MA 01376
Mon, Tues, Thurs 8:30am to 5:30pm
Wed 8:30am to 6:30pm
Board of Registrars
The Montague Town Clerk's office is committed to be a reliable provider of information and quality services to the community and its residents, and to work cooperatively and in conjunction with all department, boards and committees while complying with state and local statutes. We are dedicated to the preservation of the Town's vital records and historical documents for the benefit of future generations. We respect the right to vote as a fundamental civil right and we will assure that all elections are conducted in a fair and open manner providing equal access to all citizens.
Description of Services
- The Town Clerk is the chief election official, recording official, registrar of vital records, public records official and licensing officer.
- The Town Clerk is responsible for all elections, annual town census and voter registration, as well as overseeing the polling place and the conduct of all elections and elected related activity.
- The Town Clerk records all actions of town meeting and certifies all official actions of the Town including town meeting legislation and appropriations.
- Records found in this office are: Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Marriage Licenses, Zoning Decisions, Town Meeting Records, Annual Town Reports, Election Records and lists of those who have served the Town of Montague in elective or appontive office.
- The Town Clerk maintains records of amendments to the Town By-Laws and Zoning By-Laws and references to accepted State Statutes.
- The Town Clerk's Office issues state licenses and permits, including marriage licenses, business licenses (DBA's) and renewals, dog licenses, fuel storage licenses, raffle/bazaar permits and requests for public documents.
- The Town Clerk's office maintains the municipal code, the official Town bulletin board, oaths of office, appointments and resignations of all Town Officials.
- The Town Clerk's office welcomes inquires from all citizens seeking assistance or information in relation to services provided by the Town of Montague. We will assist in redirecting your questions to the appropriate department.
- We are often considered the doorway to local government and serve as the central information point for residents and visitors alike.